Asia, Denmark and Canada, 1995
People’s Republic of China
• Arrival at the airport of Beijing.
• Welcome ceremony at the central hall of the People’s Grand Palace.
• Conversation held with Jiang Zemin, President of China, at the East Hall of the People’s Grand Palace.
• Fidel attended the ceremony to sign cooperation agreements between Cuba and China, at the Hebei Hall of the People’s Grand Palace.
• Conversation held with Li Ruihuan, President of the Political Consultative Conference, at the Xinjiang Hall of the People’s Grand Palace.
• Conversation held with Qiao Shi, President of the Permanent Committee of the National People’s Assembly, at the Fujian Hall of the People’s Grand Palace.
• Official welcome dinner hosted at the West Hall of the People’s Grand Palace.
• Visit to the Great Wall of China, at the Badaling sector.
• Interview granted to China’s Central Television (CCTV).
• Visit to the residential neighborhood of Fangzhuang, in the district of Fengtai.
• Visit to the Experimental Art Nursery School, at the district of Fengtai.
• Conversation with Li Peng, Prime Minister of China, at the meeting hall of the Yangyuanzhai house, a compound for illustrious guests in Diaoyutai.
• Meeting with the Cuban diplomatic staff, commercial representatives and students in Beijing, at the Cuban embassy.
• Meeting with Chinese top officials, at the compound for illustrious guests of Daioyutai.
• Fidel laid a wreath at the Monument to the Heroes of the People in the Tiananmen Square.
• Fidel laid a wreath at the mausoleum of President Mao Zedong in the Tiananmen Square.
• Visit to the Tiananmen Gate or the Gate to Celestial Peace, North to the Tiananmen Square.
• Visit to the main facilities of the Forbidden City.
• Farewell lunch at the Qian Ju De restaurant, on Qian Men Street.
• Arrival at the Xian airport.
• Words pronounced during a meeting held with members of the Chinese delegation at the Sheraton Xian Hotel.
• Gala at the Tang Dynasty Theater in Xian.
• Visit to the Emperor’s Qin Shi Huang’s Terra Cotta Army Museum.
• Visit to the Pangou village.
• Visit to the Satellite Measurement and Control Center.
• Arrival at Shanghai’s International Airport.
• Conversation with Huang Hu, Secretary-General of Shanghai’s Municipal Committee, at the Jin Jiang Tower Hotel.
• Tour around the Huaihai, Jingling and Nanjing avenues in Shanghai.
• Visit to the Waitanlo (ocean drive) in Shanghai.
• Visit to the Nanpu suspension bridge over the Huangpu Jiang River.
• Visit to the Oriental Pearl television tower of Lujiazui, in the village of Pundong.
• Visit to the administrative headquarters of the region of Jinqiao, in the special zone of Pundong.
• Visit to the headquarters of the Shanghai Bell Corporation, which manufactures telephone equipment.
• Visit to the Yu Yuan Garden facilities.
• Visit to the stock exchange building.
• Arrival at Shenzhen’s airport.
• Visit to the iron and steel complex of Baoshan.
• Words pronounced during a meeting with local authorities at the Sunlight Hotel.
• Words pronounced during a meeting hosted in his honor in the Chui Chow Gardens Restaurant at the Sunlight Hotel.
• Visit to the Bicycle Company (Holdings) Limited bicycle factory.
• Visit to the Konka Group Company Limited electronic products factory.
• Visit to the industrial and business region of Shekou.
• Fidel plants a tree at the ‘Splendid China’ miniatures park.
• Visit to the exhibition ‘Chinese Folkloric Villages’.
• Conversation with Jiang Zemin, President of China, at the Forum Hotel.
• Arrival at the city of Dongguan.
• Visit to private houses of the Humen village in the city of Dongguan.
• Visit to Guangzhou’s ‘Successes of the Reform and Opening Policies’ Exhibition.
• Visit to the Zhuguang agricultural market.
• Meeting between the Cuban and Chinese delegations at the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou.
• Words pronounced in the farewell dinner at the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou.
• Arrival at Noi Bai international airport.
• Welcome ceremony at the Presidential Palace Ceremony Hall.
• Conversation with Pham Van Dong, former Prime Minister of Vietnam, at the Presidential Palace Gardens.
• Words pronounced at the dinner hosted in his honor at the Presidential Palace.
• Conversation with Do Muoi, Secretary-General of the Communist Party of Vietnam, at the Presidential Palace.
• Fidel laid a wreath on the Monument in honor of the Heroes and Martyrs of Vietnam.
• Fidel laid a wreath on the Mausoleum that keeps the remains of Ho Chi Minh.
• Visit to Ho Chi Minh’s residence.
• Visit to the Hoa Binh hydro-power station.
Ho Chi Minh City
• Arrival at Ho Chi Minh City airport.
• Conversation with Nguyen Van Linh, advisor of the Central Committee of the Party of South Vietnam at the Palace of Reunification.
• Words pronounced at the welcome ceremony in the Palace of Reunification.
• Visit to the sugar mill in the city of Tay Ninh.
• Arrival at Narita’s international airport.
• Interview granted to Takashi Ishinose, journalist of NHK TV network.
• Interview granted to Toyoaki Negishi, journalist of Channel 4 television network.
• Interview granted to Shun Akiba, journalist of Asahi TV Channel 10 television network.
• Conversation with Yohei Kono, Minister for Foreign Affairs, at the Akasaka Prince Hotel.
• Meeting with deputies of the Cuba-Japan Friendship Parliamentary League at the Akasaka Prince Hotel.
• Meeting with members of the Cuba-Japan Economic Conference Board.
• Meeting with senators of the Democratic Socialist Party.
• Conversation with Takeko Doi, chairwoman of the Diet’s Lower Chamber.
• Conversation with Tomiichi Murayama, Prime Minister of Japan.
• Press Conference at the Akasaka Prince Hotel.