Europe and Africa, 1976
• Greetings conveyed to Pierre Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada, from the plane.
• Arrival at the Vnukovo airport.
• Fidel laid a wreath at the Vladimir Ilich Lenin Mausoleum in the Red Square.
• Talks held with Stane Dolanc, secretary of the Executive Committee of the Presidium of the Central Committee of Yugoslavia’s Communist League.
• Fidel attended the sessions of the Twenty-Fifth Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, at Kremlin’s Congress Palace.
• Speech delivered at the Twenty-fifth Congress of the Communist Party of the USSR.
• Conversation with Gisele Rabesahala, Secretary-General of the Independence Congress Party of Madagascar (AKFM).
• Conversation with Nito Alves Batista, member of the Political Bureau of the People’s Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA).
• Conversation with Mohamed Siad Barre, president of the Supreme Revolutionary Council of the Democratic Republic of Somalia.
• Fidel attended the reception hosted by the Cuban delegation in honor of the Latin American and Caribbean delegations attending the Twenty-fifth Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, at the Cuban embassy.
• Conversation with Abdel Fattah Ismail, Secretary-General of the Political Organization United National Front of the People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen.
• Conversation with the delegation of the African Party for the Independence of Senegal.
• Conversation with Mamadi Keita, member of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Democratic Party of Guinea.
• Conversation with the delegation of the African National Council of Zimbabwe.
• Conversation with Abdel M. Abu-Meiser and Yassir Abed Rabbo, members of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
• Meeting between the heads of delegations from several Communist and Workers’ Parties of Socialist countries and Leonid Brezhnev, Secretary-General of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and other members of the communist party.
• Conversation with Moses Garoeb, administrative secretary of SWAPO of Namibia.
• Conversation with Iradzh Iskanderi, First Secretary of the Central Committee of the People’s Party of Iran.
• Conversation with a delegation of the Communist Party of Indonesia.
• Arrival at the airport of the city of Pula.
• Talks held with Josip Broz Tito, President of the Socialist Federative Republic of Yugoslavia and president of the Communist League, in the Isle of Banga.
• Words pronounced at a dinner hosted in honor of the Cuban delegation.
• Talks held with President Josip Broz Tito, in the Isle of Banga.
• Visit to President Josip Broz Tito photo lab and workshop in the Isle of Banga.
• Tour on board of the presidential yacht ‘Podgorka’ to the city of Koper, in the Republic of Slovenia.
• Fidel attended a folk dance show during his visit to Koper city downtown area.
• Visit to Hotel Capris. Fidel talked to local workers and signed the visitors’ book.
• Visit to the ruins of a Roman circus in the city of Pula.
• Message sent to President Josip Broz Tito from the plane.
• Arrival at Sofia’s airport.
• Restful break at the mountainous region of Borovets.
• Talks held with Todor Yivkov, First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Bulgaria and president of the Council of State of the People’s Republic of Bulgaria.
• Words pronounced at the farewell dinner.
• Message sent to President Todor Yivkov from the plane.
• Arrival at Dar el Beida Airport.
• Interview granted to a group of journalists at the airport’s protocol lounge.
• Conversation with Houari Boumediene, President of the Council of the Revolution and of the Council of Ministers of Algiers, at the People’s Palace.
• Fidel attended a dinner hosted in honor of the Cuban delegation, at the People’s Palace.
• Talks held with Houari Boumediene, President of the Council of the Revolution and of the Council of Ministers of Algiers, at the Djenan El Mabrouk Village.
• Dialogue with a farmer during the visit to the socialist village of Tessallah El Merdja.
• Dialogue with a doctor and two nurses during a visit to the doctor’s office of the socialist village of Tessallah El Merdja.
• Talks held with Mohamed Lamine Ould Ahmed, Prime Minister of the Saharan Arab Democratic Republic, at the People’s Palace.
• Talks held with Oscar Montero, minister of State of the Presidency of Mozambique, before departing from Algiers, at the airport’s Lounge of Honor.
• Statements made to the press at the airport.
• Message sent to President Houari Boumediene from the plane.
Republic of Guinea
• Arrival at Gbessia’s International Airport.
• Talks held with Ahmed Sekou Toure, Agostinho Neto and Luis Cabral, Presidents of Guinea, Angola and Guinea Bissau respectively, at the ‘First of March’ Hall of the People’s Palace.
• Fidel laid a wreath at the mausoleum that keeps the remains of the national heroes Almany Samory Toure and Diallo Alpha Yaya.
• Speech delivered at the ‘September 28th’ Stadium.
• Talks held with Luis Cabral, President of Guinea Bissau, at the Cuban residence.
• Fidel attended a dinner hosted in honor of the Cuban delegation at the People’s Palace.