Uruguay, Argentina and Colombia, 1995
October 13 • Arrival at the international airport of Carrasco.
• Interview to the press upon his arrival at the international airport of Carrasco.
• Words pronounced at the dinner hosted in his honor at the Independencia building.
• Interview granted to the press, at the Belmont House residence.
• Fidel laid a wreath on the monument to Jose Artigas, at Plaza Independencia.
• Fidel laid a wreath at the monument to Jose Marti, at Plaza Cuba.
• Conversation held with Julio Maria Sanguinetti, President of Uruguay, at Residencia Suarez.
• Meeting with Hugo Batalla, Vice President of Uruguay; and with Guillermo Stirling, President of the House of Representatives, at Palacio Legislativo.
• Speech delivered at the Hall of Heroes at Palacio Legislativo.
• Speech delivered upon receiving the key to the city of Montevideo, at Palacio de la Intendencia.
• Words pronounced at the Supreme Court of Justice, in Palacio Piria.
• Interview granted to the press at the auditorium of the University Technical Laboratory.
• Reception hosted in honor of Julio Maria Sanguinetti, President of Uruguay, at the Cuban Embassy in Uruguay.
San Carlos de Bariloche
• Interview granted to the press upon his arrival at the airport of Bariloche.
• Interview granted to the press at Hotel Panamericano.
• Speech delivered at the Fifth Iberoamerican Summit of Heads of State and Government, at the Llao-Llao Hotel.
• Conversation with Fernando Henrique Cardoso, President of Brazil.
• Conversation with Juan Carlos Wasmosy, President of Paraguay.
• Conversation with Jose Figueres, President of Costa Rica.
• Conversation with Alberto Fujimori, President of Peru.
• Conversation with Felipe Gonzalez, President of Spain.
• Closing session of the Fifth Iberoamerican Summit of Heads of State and Government.
• Conversation with Cesar Gaviria, Secretary-General of the OAS, during a technical stop over at the airport.
Cartagena de Indias
• Arrival at “Rafael Nuñez” airport.
• Conversation with Gabriel Garcia Marquez at the “Rafael Nuñez” airport.
• Interview granted to the Cuban press at the Santa Clara Hotel.
• Speech delivered at the Eleventh Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), at the Conference Center.