December 1st • Arrival at the “Benito Juarez” international airport.
• Fidel attended the inauguration of Vicente Fox at ‘Palacio Legislativo’.
• Conversation with President Vicente Fox at the Reception Hall of ‘Palacio Nacional’
• Fidel attended the dinner hosted by President Vicente Fox in honor of the Heads of State and Government attending the inauguration ceremony.
• Conversation with Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, at the Presidente Intercontinental Hotel.
• Exchange with supporters of the Cuban Revolution at the Presidente Intercontinental Hotel.
• Conversation with Andres Pastrana, President of Colombia, at the Plaza de la Constitucion (El Zocalo).
• Conversation with Rosario Robles, head of the municipal government of the Federal District, at Salon de Virreyes in the Palace of the Plaza de la Constitucion (El Zocalo).
• Speech delivered upon receiving the key to the Federal District city and being declared Illustrious Guest, at the executive mansion of the Plaza de la Constitucion (El Zocalo).
• Meeting with personalities of the Catholic Church, among them, Juan Sandoval Iñiguez, Cardinal of Guadalajara; Luis Morales Reyes, archbishop of San Luis de Potosi and President of the Mexican Episcopate; and Abelardo Alvarado, Secretary of the Episcopal Conference.
• Conversation with Luis Alfonso Portillo, President of Guatemala.
• Interview granted to the press at the “Benito Juarez” international airport.